[development] Can I Indicate failure from hook_user?

John Fiala jcfiala at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 04:09:47 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Pushyamitra Navare
<pushyamitra at gmail.com> wrote:
> But can you tell me, is "validate" operation invoked for both "insert"
> and "update"? If yes, then how do I know in hook_user if it is being
> called for insert or for update? What parameter of hook_user should I
> check? I quickly went through documentation but did not find anything.

Yes, it's called for any modification of the user.  It's an insert if
the $account parameter doesn't have a uid, and it's an update if the
$account parameter does have a uid.

> Also, i need such a "validate" hook for "user delete" operation as
> well. Any way to do that?

I don't think there is any way - looking at user_delete, it doesn't
call hook_user until the user is deleted.

--
John Fiala