[development] Peculiar behavior of collapsible fieldset titles

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Tue Jul 22 22:58:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-22 at 12:05 -0700, Steven Wittens wrote:
> Sounds like: http://drupal.org/node/140253
>
> Next time, use a DOM/CSS inspector to verify what you are seeing.
>
> Steven Wittens

That was exactly the problem. I never would have expected the choice of
escaped or non-escaped t() substitution to behave this way, but changing
% to ! in my t() calls fixed the problem everywhere it occurred. Thanks
for the tip.

I didn't think to use a DOM/CSS inspector because it didn't occur to me
that this would be a DOM/CSS problem. Since part of the field was there,
I thought it must have two different copies of the data somewhere, with
one being incomplete.

I think I still need to use the DOM/CSS inspector now, even though the
problem is gone, because I want to find where in my stylesheets the
display:none is occurring that it shouldn't. I assume that's the root
cause of the issue, and will use Firefox to find out. Perhaps (and I'll
check this first) there are different ID or CLASS attributes assigned by
t() depending on the nature of its field substitutions.

Thanks again to you and Darrel for steering me in the right direction.

Scott

--
Syscrusher <syscrusher at 4th.com>