[development] transferring session info across login event

Alan Dixon alan.g.dixon at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 14:08:56 UTC 2008

i'm wondering if your statement:

"the login event regenerates the session"

is completely true.

I don't believe that the php session cookie changes, and I don't see
anywhere (or why) drupal would completely remove all $_SESSION info on
login.

I think what does happen is that Drupal's private session stuff as
stored in the session table gets cleared out (primarily the user
object that gets cached, i'm not sure what else), but you don't need
to worry about that do you?

Put all your pre-login stuff into $_SESSION and then it should still
be there after login, I think.

 - Alan

--
Alan Dixon, Web Developer