[development] Need advices from Drupal guru: develop modules that support multilanguages
Vu The Cuong
vuthecuong at luvina.net
Thu Jul 24 02:06:05 UTC 2008
I have a project building a portal site (somewhat like myspace.com) for
When users access toppage, system will:
1) check which country is this user from
2) Then redirect user to page that displaying content in corresponding
to him/her country language
Pages for each country is different in language but totally same in
Subject, title, label, and main content body also.
So I need advices from you:
About 1): first option is: I planned to uses Accept-Language request
header from browser to check where user is from.
Second option is: I planned to user Multiviews in Apache to handling
And I will redirect user based on above returned result.
So my question is:
- Above solutions is OK?
- Do I need to pay any attention on something?
- Is any better solution out there?
I would like to receive any advices from you about:
- Ex about using t() function, handling date and times etc
- text strings used commonly such as labels on form buttons.
- body content such as blog articles, informational pages and
- And any others.
Thanks in advanced
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the development