[development] HTML emails

Stefan Nagtegaal development at robuustdesign.nl
Wed Jul 16 16:44:35 UTC 2008

Op 16 jul 2008, om 18:06 heeft Darrel O'Pry het volgende geschreven:

> On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 5:12 AM, Matt Connolly <matt at cabinetuk.com>
> wrote:
>
> Besides, email clients have been HTML friendly for a *long* time, so
> I don't see why Drupal shouldn't have an interface that understands
> rich email messages.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Have you even tried to make an HTML email look the same in multiple
> email clients?  That stuff is impossible... and forget it if you
> want colored anchors or css support consistently. Heck they don't
> even send mime attachments consistently... They all do something
> close to spec... and lets not even get into the quirks of various
> webmail clients and the pluthera of different versions of MS Outlook
> in the wild and still supported by MS.

It isn't impossible!
Just use CSS and make sure you have a wrapper div around your HTML-
layout, styled with the CSS.
The only thing that breaks your e-mails along the different e-mail
clients is when you add styling to the <body>...</body> of your HTML e-
mail.

Stefan