[development] Proposal: A new Handbook page outlining Best Practices

Senpai senpai_san at mac.com
Sat Jul 26 00:36:28 UTC 2008

Well, we've gone and done it. Several of us got to talking in IRC
today and realized that there wasn't a readily available set of Best
Practice guidelines for programming within the Drupal framework. This
page is a beginning towards a fix for that.

Best Practices is now at http://drupal.org/node/287350

We're hoping that everyone on this list who cares enough to send the
very best will place a comment on this page with something that they
do as a matter of course, and wish everyone else did too. Once the
docs team gets enough of these, we'll begin rolling them into a
cohesive set of guidelines for Coding within Drupal as it pertains to
PHP, MySQL, and the like. High level stuff.

Let the fallout commence!
--
Joel 'Senpai' Farris
"Protection and captivity so often look the same."