[development] howto about git and drupal modules maintain

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Wed Jul 30 15:35:16 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM, Konstantin Käfer <kkaefer at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The gist is: As long as there are no suitable GUIs for dummies there is
>> no point in moving away from CVS.

Well, there are quite good GUIs for svn (often better than those for CVS).

But we need that and we need someone to take over and really support
the version control API so that project/project_issue/project_release
modules can be RCS independent  (see
http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/development/2008-July/030453.html
for a plea for help on this).

> And: CVS working copies can be checked into an SVN repository without any
> problems.

I'm not sure where you were heading with this - perhaps that using CVS
for the project makes it easy for all us developers who prefer SVN
because we can include CVS into SVN.  However, SVN working copies can
be "checked into" SVN as well - see external/vendor branches.

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison