[development] howto about git and drupal modules maintain

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Wed Jul 30 15:57:05 UTC 2008

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 08:02:36 -0700
"Jeff Griffiths" <anisotropic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 7:53 AM, Richard Burford
> <rich at freestylesystems.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > CVS is a pain, especially for beginners like me but I feel,
> > since it's necessary for Drupal I just have to get used to it.
>
> CVS seems to still be around simply because no-one is willing to
> tackle the problem of going to svn or something else. Some other
> projects are moving away from CVS:
>
> Mozilla => Hg
> PHP => SVN

> IMHO Drupal could move at least to svn as it is much simpler to
> learn than CVS and has better tools for people that want to use
> things like git, hg or bazaar. D7 would have been a good point to
> do that but it doesn't seem to be a priority for core.

I'm on svn BUT svn is an old tool too.
If we are really willing to take the challenge of a change in
infrastructure the family of tools to whom git belongs (like
bazaar, mercurial, darcs...) could be a good chance to make a longer
leap.
Don't any of these tools have good GUI for Windows too?

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it