[development] lightbox module comparison

Nathaniel Catchpole catch56 at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 3 16:25:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 4:12 PM, Stella Power wrote:

> Hi,
>
> There's quite a few modules in Drupal which provide similar but different
> functionality.  I maintain the lightbox2 module and frequently get asked
> "what's the difference between lightbox2 and module X?"  So I've finally
> created a doc comparing the various "lightbox" type modules available in
> Drupal (lightbox2, thickbox, shadowbox, .....).  The doc is available at
> http://drupal.org/node/266126 for anyone who may be interested.
>
> I'd really like to see more comparisons done on modules which share similar
> functionality.  I think it would be quite useful to see such a comparison
> before downloading all the modules and trying them out one by one,
> especially for newbies in the Drupal community.  Just my 2 cents.

Very nice write-up. There was a similar one done for Drupal 5 wysiwyg
editors as part of GHOP, and it'd be great to see more. I took the liberty
of adding a new book page at http://drupal.org/node/266179 for 'Module
Comparisons' and adding both as child pages so we can list them together in
one place. Also cross-posting to the documentation list.

Nat