[development] CCK and Views data structures screwed up

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Tue Jun 3 20:35:55 UTC 2008

Walt Daniels wrote:
> I have a CCK content type and it has a bunch of entries in it. When I show
> it in a view two of the entries are duplicated multiple times. I suspect
> something is screwed up in the data structure.
>
> Experiment number one. There were three copies of one entry so I decide to
> clone that entry so as to not lose the data and then delete the original.
> Doing so created three copies called Clone of ... and deleting the original
> got rid of all three. Next step is create a new entry and copy the fields
> from the clone into it. When that is submitted, I now have two copies (one
> less than before). What is going on?
>
> Pathauto is turned on in case that has something to do with the problem.
> There is only one entry in the alias table.

There's no way to answer this question without knowing every field,
filter, sort criteria and argument in your query.

It's really really easy to produce 'dups' in SQL and thus in Views; many
things could be doing it. Often it's taxonomy related, but any field
that can have multiple values can easily do it if not configured
appropriately.