[development] module_exists vs. functions_exists?

Aaron Winborn winborn at advomatic.com
Wed Jun 25 16:01:59 UTC 2008

Doesn't work in many cases. I frequently build modules with optional
dependencies. Even with your set up, we're assuming a module's api stays
the same within a core version, which is frequently not true.

There's no easy answer for the first case, other than bloating your code
with additional drupal_function_exists checks, and the second would
require tracking module version (at least its major version).