[development] module_exists vs. functions_exists?

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jun 26 18:19:51 UTC 2008

Quoting Thomas Zahreddin <tz at it-arts.org>:

> Reading this thread, i ask myself and you why not using a established
> package format like RPM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPM_Package_Manager ,
> deb-format or some other out of the linux - environment, compared on
> http://kitenet.net/~joey/pkg-comp/
>
> Or if you are afraid of high complexity and efford to support such a format
> on all plattforms - then give the PEAR-or PECL-format a chance.
> I don't want to say any of these formats meets the requirements, but i did
> not have seen this formats discussed.
>
> What do you think about an more generaly used format for Drupal-packages?

http://drupal.org/project/Installation+profiles

But that doesn't help the need of module version dependency checking
within the coded module.  For that I've just uploaded Module
Versions[1] to CVS.  I've attached it to D5 for now.  I'll get a D6 tag
going tomorrow.  The module should work for either and is aimed at
Development and Developers only.

[1] http://drupal.org/project/modver

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/