[development] Drupal Function Frequency Report?

Marjorie Roswell mroswell at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 11:04:07 UTC 2008

I'm on a drupal learning curve.

It occurs to me that I'd love to see a report of all the functions
used in Drupal by frequency. (Then, I'd tackle the learning curve by
starting with what's used most, and moving down the list!)

I imagine starting with something like the api pull from the Module
Builder Module (http://drupal.org/project/module_builder) and then
somehow scanning the CVS for all the functions, and calculating a
frequency.

Seriously, would love to basically tackle this learning curve in a
logical way, based on how often something appears in code, ideally in
both core and contrib, combned.

I recognize that little-used code functions may still be quite
important, but this approach would certainly serve as a good guide.

I don't have the skillset to write this report. Is there anyone for
whom producing this function frequency report would be a relative
cinch?

Margie