[development] programmatic creation of node

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Sat Mar 8 16:42:30 UTC 2008

In drupal5, you should call hook_node_submit() and
hook_nodeapi('submit') before node_save(). that will assure that any
group info gets saved (for example).

In d6 this is not needed since those submit hooks became
hook_nodeapi(pre_save) and that happens from within node_save().

drupal_execute is also a valid way. the node_load() is a little
expensive but this is a very clean way to proceed. if it is working
for you, i would proceed like this.