[development] releases, recommended/supported changing automatically on release creation...

Darrel O'Pry darrel.opry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 18:42:16 UTC 2008

well filefield 2.2 (I can only specify major version on the releases
page) is recommended and supported, but it seems to be branch specific,
not release specific...

I find a lot of the terminology and workflow around the new release
system very confusing...

ala...

supported I don't think is a good word... It implies more than I want it
to... like my dev and rc releases aren't 'supported', but they're
maintained, and I want them displayed for the brave who want to test
them, but I don't want to commit myself to supporting them. It's a
question of managing expectations as the user community grows.

I'm also really confused about why we tie releases to branches and not
the release nodes.... I want to set releases to supported or
recommended... not branches of my code... branches are not synonymous to
releases...

my hungover thoughts this morning...

.darrel.