[development] GSoC?: Mirroring / download improvements with Metalink

Anthony Bryan anthonybryan at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 21:32:40 UTC 2008

> I suggest posting this to the Summer of Code 2008 group on groups.drupal.org (http://groups.drupal.org/soc-2008) as many reviewers' eyeballs are likely to be there as the 5:00PST deadline approaches.

Ezra, I was going to do that but didn't since I'm not a student
("Students: Please post your project ideas to this group"). But I've
posted it now, thanks for the suggestion.

http://groups.drupal.org/node/10074

> I would definitely be interested (as a student) in implementing something like
> this, as it seems like a really nifty idea.

Benjamin, thanks! btw, Fedora will hopefully be adding support into
MirrorManager soon-ish :) A good number of other distros use it now
for ISOs, along with OpenOffice.org and other projects.

--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
 )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads