[development] site provisioning/multisite management/database migration tools

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Mon Mar 24 19:48:26 UTC 2008

Here are two approaches that migrate changes from dev to live (and to other
developers' instances).  They both involve some low-level database stuff,
which may make them not suitable for the average Drupal user.  I'm no expert
in the projects you listed, but I think these two address some things the
others do not.

http://drupal.org/node/181128
http://www.dave-cohen.com/node/1779

There was some discussion about this sort of thing at DrupalCon Boston.  No
clear best practices came from that BOF:
http://boston2008.drupalcon.org/session/updating-and-upgrading-live-sites
http://www.mikiane.com/node/2008/03/04/live-blogging-drupalcon-boston-2008

-Dave