[development] module duplication in Drupal contrib

Steven Jones darthsteven at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 23:40:21 UTC 2008

Not entirely sure how feasible this would be but...

When I used media temple for hosting, and you had a problem, you'd
fill in a form to get technical support, but you'd hit submit and it'd
suggest some KB articles to look at that were 'similar'. If none of
those really answered the problem then you could submit a new issue.

In the same way when you submit a new module it would be cool if d.o
somehow suggested similar modules (based on keywords maybe) and then
rather than blindly creating a new module you'd get some help finding
duplicates.

Side note: Not having *any* metrics for projects on d.o is a very
serious problem.

--
Regards
Steven Jones