[development] Drupal as an API: where the value is ...

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu Mar 27 17:54:48 UTC 2008

On 27 Mar 2008, at 7:34 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:

> On Views and CCK - I think the APIs need to live in core at least.
>
> Eventually, yes. But only when after it lives in contrib for a while
> (see my comment on Triggers and OpenID).
CCK and views have been living in contrib for many many years.
And much longer than either triggers / open id did.
And they have many more users than than either workflow or open id did
in contrib.
And even then triggers was mostly a rewrite from workflow (with very
different functionality), so i am not sure it could be considered as
having gestated in contrib.

I would like any contrib module to be able to do things like provide
default views and default content types.