[development] Call for action: Drupalize Google's SoC Mentors App

Kyle Mathews mathews.kyle at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 14:27:22 UTC 2008

You could do the public/private comments using panels I think --
panels has its own access control. Have two panels, one for the public
comments, the other for private comments. The public comments panel
has the normal comment display / form. The private comment panel would
display a view that lists comment nodes that reference the proposal.
Underneath the view would be an "add node" form to create a new
private comment node. You'd need to do some form_api magic to hide
unnecessary parts of the form and automagically add a node reference
to that pages proposal.

That's not the easiest way to do things but it'd work. Set the private
comment panel so only those with "mentor role" can see it and to
everyone but the mentors, things would look normal.

Kyle

--
Research Assistant
eBusiness Center @ BYU