[development] Why do filter cache entries expire 24 hours after last cron?

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Mon Mar 31 16:03:59 UTC 2008

On Monday 31 March 2008, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> ... Since Drupal's filter is "dumb" in the sense
> that it doesn't know on which node the filtered item depends

Gerhard, I'm sure you recognize this... There's nothing "dumb" in not linking
the filter cache to nodes.  Filters apply to other objects, like blocks, and
AFAIK there's no hook_blockapi() to tell the filter cache when a block gets
deleted, updated, etc...

I'm just pointing that this is not simply an oversight.

-Dave