[development] Say Hello To My Little Friend (or How To Abandon a Module)

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Fri May 9 15:46:43 UTC 2008

Brilliant! With great euphoria I have ditched all of my abandoned
modules. Hopefully this will speed their uptake by their future new
maintainers.

Robert Douglass

On May 9, 2008, at 5:34 PM, Greg Knaddison - GVS wrote:

> Note: except in rare situations, this is not for just modules that
> need a new maintainer.  You should find that some other way.  The
> "Abandoned Module" owner is like a graveyard.

I agree, mostly. I think it is a good enough place for any module
where the maintainer honestly doesn't ever intend to do anything with
the modules. The only problem is that to the anonymous user it doesn't
show which modules the user maintains. Is this a project module
permission that can be updated?