[development] the time of $op is over?

Ronald Ashri ronald at istos.it
Tue May 13 07:55:58 UTC 2008

The $op is relatively easy to understand but clunky to use. So I would
certainly find individual hooks/functions for each one of the states a
cleaner way to do things.

How complicated would it be to move to a true event-based model, where
modules register as listeners to events and respond to them rather than hook
in through functions that have the right names?  I was thinking that a
structure similar to menus would be nice and would replicate ideas from
other parts of Drupal meaning that newcomes have fewer concepts to learn. A
module registers to an event/hook the same way it relates a URL to a
callback function and the callback function is where the module performs
actions related to that event.

Best,

Ronald