[development] OpenOffice.org

Frédéric G. MARAND fgm at osinet.fr
Thu May 15 02:49:06 UTC 2008

Hello,

Thanks for your message.

I have currently unpublished PHP code I've been using for a few years to
access OOo spreadsheets and load them into Drupal. However, it was developed
"ad hoc" to import product data, and is currently not fit for general use
since it is limited to spreadsheets and only goes from OOo to Drupal, not
the other way round. Maybe if others are interested in working on this we
could turn it into a general use module.

This being saind, while it could obviously be extended to other formats if
someone took time to create something more general, a limitation remains due
to the time it takes to load an OOo document in PHP vs the maximum
time/memory per PHP script on low-end intallations.

A file-system-like approach based on plain XML RPC or BlogAPI would probably
be easier on users and work in more cases. But it looks like this would have
to be done from within OOo, not in PHP but in Python, Basic, JS or
Beanshell.

Frederic G. MARAND
http://blog.riff.org/