[development] OpenOffice.org

Louis Suarez-Potts Louis.Suarez-Potts at Sun.COM
Thu May 15 03:38:41 UTC 2008

Hi,

On 2008-05-14, at 23:27 , Larry Garfield wrote:

> There is a Google Summer of Code project to build a document
> importer module
> for Drupal that can handle, among other formats, ODT.
>
> http://groups.drupal.org/node/10890

Nifty.

> While the student is not allowed to accept additional money beyond
> what Google
> offers (I think), having access to ODT experts is something I can
> only think
> is a good thing.

Quite. And certainly a supporting community can help. I cannot
allocate resources at OOo but can certainly invite students and others
to the relevant lists and introduce people; and can also see if there
is sufficiently strong interest within Sun (my employer and OOo's
primary contributor and sponsor) to act on a Drupal integration. But
much of the effort would really have to come from our communities, no?

best
Louis