[development] JavaScript Coding Standards

Stella Power stella at stellapower.net
Mon May 19 12:43:44 UTC 2008

Heya,

More and more contrib modules are including JavaScript files, so I want to
add the ability to review JavaScript files to the
Coder<http://drupal.org/project/coder>module. However, step 1 is we
need to agree on what coding standards we
should be using for JavaScript.

At present we have the Coding standards for JS
files<http://drupal.org/node/172169>doc which has one or two ideas but
isn't complete. We also have the main Coding
Standards <http://drupal.org/coding-standards> doc, and while most are
transferable to JavaScript, not all are. So I've put some suggestions
together at http://drupal.org/node/260140  A fair few of them come from the
standards used by JSLint so there shouldn't be many surprises.  I'd really
appreciate a discussion/debate on this and hopefully we can agree on the
coding standards we want to use.

Cheers,
Stella