[development] RFC: info hook standardization

John Wilkins drupal.user at albin.net
Mon May 19 20:57:34 UTC 2008

On May 19, 2008, at 12:04 PM, Larry Garfield wrote:
>>> Themes get a special HOOK_theme() that is exactly like the module
>> version,
>>> but they do not get a corresponding alter.
>>>

> If hook_theme() takes parameters, though, how does it get cached?

Each theme has its own theme registry cache.

And the params for hook_theme() are mostly used to provide context to
the implementation. (i.e. "here's what the theme registry looks like
so far. Bar is the active theme. We're asking foo about it because its
a base theme for bar. etc.)

http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_theme/6