[development] cron woes - drupal_cron_cleanup() kills my, cronjob while it's still running...

andrew morton drewish at katherinehouse.com
Sat May 24 02:48:26 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 7:25 PM, Arthur Richards <awjrichards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> Thanks - I've already done that though. In fact, I have turned the time
> limit off (set_time_limit(0)). I don't think the problem is the size or
> duration of my scripts - maybe it is, but the watchdog message is a
> product of drupal_cron_cleanup, which I thought isn't supposed to be
> called until everything's done running, since it's called with
> register_shutdown_function() in drupal_cron(). I can't figure out what
> could be getting drupal_cron_cleanup to execute before my cron scripts
> finish.

I think you're still running into the script time limit. When that
happens, PHP will fire the shutdown functions and
drupal_cron_cleanup() gets called. Perhaps you've got safe mode
enabled? That would explain the timeouts even after calling
set_time_limit(). My recollection though was that trying to call
set_time_limit() in safe mode resulted in a warning/error.

You might want to look for additional clues here:
  http://us2.php.net/manual/en/info.configuration.php#ini.max-execution-time

andrew