[development] Voting on issues (was Re: How to post bug reports andpatches)

Darren Oh darrenoh at sidepotsinternational.com
Tue Nov 4 14:59:13 UTC 2008

Letting people re-vote after a period of time might be better than an
automated system. However, the idea of an equation was interesting, so
I had to come up with one:

(days x M + 1) x votes = weight

M can be tuned to control the effect of time on an issue's weight. An
M value of zero would mean that time does not affect the weight of an
issue. Negative values of M would reduce the weight, and positive
values would increase it.