[development] Voting on issues (was Re: How to post bug reports andpatches)

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Nov 4 16:51:10 UTC 2008

On Nov 4, 2008, at 8:04 AM, Jakob Petsovits wrote:

> Bugzilla (at least in the version used on bugs.kde.org) grants each
> user a
> limited amount of votes for each project which the user can then
> assign as
> desired. If the user doesn't have any votes left, she needs to take
> them back
> from unimportant issues and reassign these votes to the more
> pressing ones.

That's exactly how project_issue_voting.module already works.

Age modifiers seem like needless complication, and something that's
bound to make whatever performance concerns we have about running
this on d.o even worse.  Let's not over-complicate this problem to
the point of making it infeasible to deploy...

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)