[development] Reviewing patches and making decisions

Anselm anselm_list at netuxo.co.uk
Wed Nov 5 10:51:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thanks for your answers !

> In general we don't maintain backwards compatibility of code between major
> releases (although neither do we break it just for fun) - every release has
> detailed upgrade instructions for module maintainers as
> http://drupal.org/update/modules

So the implication here is that if a patch potentially causes backward
compatibility problems with existing modules, then it should be moved to the
next major release, while issues that are clearly fixing bugs can remain in
the current release.

Right, well I'll get back to that first patch then :)

Thanks,
Anselm

--

(to send me personal email, remove the _list from this address)