[development] Voting on issues (was Re: How to post bug reportsandpatches)

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Nov 5 13:16:04 UTC 2008

Quoting Derek Wright <drupal at dwwright.net>:

> On Nov 4, 2008, at 10:47 AM, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
>> The best flag for issues is RTBC status.
>
> You completely misunderstand what flag.module does and how it's
> relevant to this discussion.  flag.module is  the current candidate
> for best solution to http://drupal.org/node/34496 ("Allow (un)
> subscription to individual project issue").

Ok, but the discussion is using flag to help prioritize the workflow.
I don't disagree with that in total but unless more are willing to
review, test and participate in the issues then this discussion is
pointless.  There are some bugs that just require a quick review of the
coding to say this makes too much sense to not patch it and
prioritization for this type of bug fix using flag makes no sense at
all.  We just need to get the sucker committed; therefore, the best
flag for issues is RTBC.

Using a socialization voting flag for feature requests would definitely
be the thing to do.  As long as the feature request doesn't already
have a patch.  Once an issue has a patch the reviewing and testing the
patch is the only course of action that should be taken.  Patches need
reviewed, not voted on.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/