[development] opt-in performance benchmarking on d.o.

Ryan Cross drupal at ryancross.com
Fri Nov 7 09:13:14 UTC 2008

I think it is an interesting idea and having performance benchmarking
hardware available could be quite useful.
However, I think it would have to be opt-in at the very least since I think
benchmarking really needs to be addressed as a whole instead of on a
patch-by-patch basis. I think it also has the potential to bias our work to
one particular setup when we know that there are many variations in the
stack that can have a big effect on performance (OS, hardware, php versions,
Web server, db, etc)