[development] how to start a drupal like project

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 09:32:23 UTC 2008

Read http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/

This guy did it with fetchmail. Tells you the whole story.

And you might gain valuable insight into how "I" isn't exactly as
powerful as the Gillette razor commercials try to sell you into
believing, isn't quite as powerful as a whole community, working,
testing, using, posting issues, fixing issues, over the space of, say,
a decade. "I" isn't exactly the "I" Sara Palin means when it's
actually the "we" and the nature, the character of the exploitation of
the labor force.

<offtopic>Which doesn't mean of course that Open Source is not just
another form of exploitation. It's just a "better" one in that it
makes for a better product, etc., etc., etc. But of course you didn't
ask about that.</offtopic>

Microsoft found out with Vista that the "I" business model is inferior
to the open source business model, which is why it may be looking into
webroot for IE8.

Ay, ay, ay...

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar