[development] how to start a drupal like project

Amy Stephen amystephen at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 14:42:37 UTC 2008

You might try this title, although I have not read it. ->
http://www.packtpub.com/PHP-5-CMS-Framework-Development/book

Your points about "reinventing the wheel" and "repeating the same stupid
mistakes" are good ones. One of the most important benefits of adopting a
community based solution is having access to the work of many, many
intelligent people - that has been tested by time and diverse install base -
and has been improved with that experience.

I recommend you use Drupal and direct your creative energies towards
bringing improvements to that project. What you'll begin with is quite
amazing. Why reinvent the wheel or start over at the beginning?

Anyway - all the best!