[development] Announcing DRUPAL-7-0-UNSTABLE-3

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Thu Nov 13 17:27:40 UTC 2008

Nice to see more unstable releases coming, this (coupled with the
advances in automated patch testing) is really moving core development
to a new level of maturity.  Yay.

However...

On Nov 13, 2008, at 12:19 AM, Angela Byron wrote:

> - Cron is automatically run once upon installation so that Drupal
> doesn't immediately clobber you with a nasty error as a way of
> saying "Welcome."

Where's the issue nid for this change?  This seems like a regression
to me (this means the requirement check for cron not running is now
totally useless, since cron will always have run once, giving site
admins a false sense that everything's ok).  However, I'd like to
argue about this in the appropriate venue. ;)

Thanks,
-Derek (dww)