[development] Database creation on Install

Amy Stephen amystephen at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 20:20:03 UTC 2008

It would have to be a powerful user, like root (w00t!) or a user that has
MySQL create database authority. PHP is simply creating a pipe to MySQL -
through Apache - but it is the MySQL user credentials that would allow or
prohibit this action. It's a nice-ity for local development, although not a
show stopper in any sense. If the local user doesn't have authority, it
would error out in a manner similar to how the install errors now. But, I
could be way off base here.

Thanks for everyone's response. :-)