[development] Database creation on Install

Andrew Berry andrewberry at sentex.net
Wed Nov 19 02:40:15 UTC 2008

On 14-Nov-08, at 12:23 AM, Dmitri Gaskin wrote:

> This has not yet been attempted (I think) simply because most people
> do not install with a user with sufficient rights to create a
> database, and therefore there is no need for most people

In most setups I've encountered, if you can CREATE DATABASE you can
also DROP DATABASE. Not really something I want *any* Drupal install
to be able to do :).

I would actually suggest the other way around, and that if Drupal
detects that it can do such things that it sets a warning, just like
how it does if the permissions on settings.php are too lax.

--Andrew