[development] Certify Drupal for use in Government (US) Projects

matt at mattfarina.com matt at mattfarina.com
Wed Oct 1 14:31:15 UTC 2008

If you really feel this is the better way to go I'd suggest a change
of strategy. The current process is not only popular but works well
and is useful. If there is going to be a change from it to something
else there needs to be a an obvious benefit that works with the
cost/time/resources needed to do such a thing.

Put together a proposed change from the current setup, preform a cost
benefit analysis on that, and then try to sell the people who can
affect a change on this in the drupal community. In trying to sell
them show them the personal benefit to them and the community over the
current process. (You aren't doing this now and seem to be alienating
the very people you need to sell this to.)

If you don't think you can sell them or this seems like too much work
I'd suggest saving face and backing down on this issue. Otherwise a
bunch of us have to read emails (or spend time deleting them) in what
is turning into an unproductive conversation.