[development] Internet Explorer Print Loses User Context

Ron Parker sysop at scbbs.com
Tue Oct 7 17:45:11 UTC 2008

I have a situation with Printer-Friendly where I dynamically create the logo displayed on the page to be printed. This works fine in both Internet Explorer and Firefox. However, when "print" is clicked in Internet Explorer. the correct logo is not displayed.

I discovered that in Internet Explorer, the printer-friendly page comes up with the correct logo in the browser. But, when "Print" (or "Print Preview") is clicked, the browser makes another httpd call to the site. This call contains NO context info: No user, group, $_SESSION, referrer info, nothing. Therefore, my program cannot select the correct logo.

Does anyone understand what's going on here, and have any suggestions?

Thanks.