[development] Important note for CCK module developers

Karen Stevenson karen at elderweb.com
Wed Oct 8 12:02:42 UTC 2008

The new D6 behavior of updating all modules in the modules folder, whether or not they are enabled, and the fact that they are updated in an unpredictable order, has created numerous critical issues for CCK. We have found a fix, but it is very important for every CCK contributed module that has a D6 branch to make sure the fix is implemented immediately in their install file, even if their code is still at the alpha or beta stage, since without it the mere presence of those modules in the modules folder can create critical problems for the rest of CCK.

We are very very close to issuing an official release of CCK, but can't do it until we know that CCK field modules have added this update protection.

Read http://drupal.org/node/304813 for details about the problem and the suggested fix, and please help us get this fix implemented immediately in all D6 CCK modules.

Karen