[development] How to post bug reports and patches

Marijn Kruisselbrink m.kruisselbrink at student.tue.nl
Thu Oct 30 14:18:26 UTC 2008

On Thursday 30 October 2008 14:39:19 Moshe Weitzman wrote:
> Please see http://drupal.org/node/10263. To the extent that is
> unclear, then ask. Note that all patches to core must be against HEAD
> when the bug still exists in HEAD. Thanks.
That page doesn't address the biggest problem I have trying to contribute; it
literally takes months to get any reply whatsoever to a patch (I think in one
case there was 6 months between reporting an issue with a patch and the first
reply other than me updating the patch to keep working against HEAD (which I
gave up doing after a couple of months)). So what is wrong with the current
system that it can take this long?

Marijn