[development] Voting on issues (was Re: How to post bug reports and patches)

Brad Bowman brad at atendesigngroup.com
Fri Oct 31 16:50:59 UTC 2008

Can you guys give me the run down on how this is expected to help with
newer contributors getting their work recognized?  I see adding issue
voting as just perpetuating the system we have now, where the most
known/active contributors get their patches looked at by more people
than new contributors. I see this as just pushing that problem one
step further up the line, where now they'll get their issues 'dugg'
more.

I see this also as a potential distraction for patches that are
important, but not exciting. I don't think things like documentation
and coding standards would not fare too well in a voting contest, but
that doesn't diminish their importance.

Thanks,
Brad
Aten Design Group