[development] Can I Indicate failure from hook_user?

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Wed Sep 3 12:38:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 6:20 AM, Sam Boyer <drupal at samboyer.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 September 2008 06:47:21 Pushyamitra Navare wrote:
>>
>> Cool! Much simpler than I thought.
>>
>> Looking at code in module.inc I can see that one way to adjust weight is by
>> changing value in system table in database. Just to confirm, is there other
>> way to change weight for a module (like defining weight in module.info file
>> etc.)?
>
> No, there is no other way to change your module's weight. The standard
> practice is to change the module's weight in hook_install() (which also means
> writing a hook_update() if necessary).

And there's some great documentation on how to do this:

http://drupal.org/search/node/update+module+weight+type%3Abook

Or more specifically http://drupal.org/node/110238

Regards,
Greg