[development] Module to create and populate CCK nodes from existing database table

Pushyamitra Navare pushyamitra at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 12:22:57 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I need a module which will create CCK nodes according to structure of an
existing database table.

More specifically, the idea is following:

I have a few tables containing some data. I would like to represent them as
Drupal content so that it becomes easier to add/modify/delete the entries.
1. So I am planning to create a new "content type" for each table looking at
its columns.
  ( For e.g. if a database table called "db_table" contains columns called
"column1", "column2", "column3", then I wish to create a new content type
called say "db_table_node" with members as textfields called "column1",
"column2" and "column3". )

2. I am planning to import data in that table into drupal as nodes.

I was not able to find any module to do this (I'm using D6). Seems like no
choice but to write a new module for this. All suggestion welcome!

- Pushya