[development] Certify Drupal for use in Government (US) Projects

Chris Johnson cxjohnson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 21:30:36 UTC 2008

Indeed.  In the article I provided the first link to, there is also this
quote:

"Not everyone has been pleased with how the bill calls out open-source
software by name, though. Analysts at the Business Software Alliance met
with members of the committee to voice their concern that the bill
unfavorably offers open-source software products an unfair competitive
advantage over other commercial software, according to a BSA spokesperson
who declined to be named."

I think we all know who the BSA is, and who they represent.  Clearly the
proprietary software vendors are upset and lobbying against FOSS.