[development] Remove q=node from required modules

Brian Vuyk brian at brianvuyk.com
Tue Aug 11 13:25:59 UTC 2009

For all that I respect your contributions and hard work, you can be
somewhat abrasive at times.

<brianV> what's the best way to get rid of the main ?q=node content listing?
<chx>    brianV: how big lart do you want to be applied on you?
<chx>    brianV: in other word, are you fucking kidding me?
<chx>    brianV: i already wrote the devel list a polite version of "stfw n00b"
<chx>    http://lists.drupal.org/pipermail/development/2009-August/033411.html
<brianV> chx: I've been following. I'm not writing a core patch, don't worry. I think it's an important
         part of core. However, I can see the benefit of having a contrib module for it, so I am
         following up on that. I am doing it with hook_menu_alter, just curious if there is a better way
<brianV> chx: anyways, good to see I have the ability to get your hackles up first thing in the morning

Anyways, I am shortly going to commit a contrib module for this. I've
done it on half a dozen sites I've built. I just never thought that it
might be useful to others. Just wanted to make sure doing it with
hook_menu_alter was the most efficient / sensible way.

Brian