[development] How could everyone win and get Views in Drupal 8?

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 12 16:01:19 UTC 2009

Yeah I agree we really need to keep Drupal lean. I wouldn't want to see
the entire Views package integrated as-is. I wouldn't mind some of the
functionality included though that would give an easy way to alter some
core queries. One that comes to mind is the comment query. Sometimes
there are needs for extra data from the user table to be pulled in, and
currently there really isn't an easy way to alter that query in
comments.module.

I've thought in the past about a hook_query_alter, but that could really
add some overhead - especially on sites with a large number of queries.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net