[development] How could everyone win and get Views in Drupal 8?

Samir Nassar samir.nassar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 04:09:33 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 11:04:08 pm Jeff Greenberg wrote:
> I'm not familiar with the particulars of how Views would be exist in
> core, but strictly as an abstract architecture question, could not Views
> have a core-required 'kernel' and core-optional portions. Perhaps there
> would be a way to modularize it so that the savings on code by the other
> core elements that would use it would result in a small net gain in size
> of the install package if the core-optional modules aren't enabled? Just
> a thought.

This was already mentioned and disposed of. Too few people are familiar enough
and competent and willing to put the time in to deal with Views on its own not
to speak of modularizing Views.

My code-foo is too small to contribute meaningfully to getting Views into core
so I'll restrict myself to helping the thread stay on track.

--
Samir Nassar
http://samirnassar.com
samir.nassar at gmail.com