[development] Any script that tries to convert bad code-stylemodules to good one (as code_style.pl suggests?)

Daniel F. Kudwien news at unleashedmind.com
Thu Aug 13 10:35:10 UTC 2009

Yes, there is.

Look into the "scripts" directory of Coder module (http://drupal.org/project/coder), which contains the coder_format script.  It is capable of reformatting single files, but can also run recursively on an entire directory (automatically doing backups of original files).

The implemented logic works for 99% of all cases.  You should always review the code after reformatting to ensure that nothing went wrong.

The long-term goal of coder_format is to reformat all of Drupal core in one pass without errors.  To fix countless of coding-style issues in Drupal core after each code freeze.

I suggest to always use the latest code from Coder HEAD in CVS.

Please note, however, that I didn't find the time to work proper formatting of D7's chained DBTNG methods yet (though I guess that isn't an issue for you).

sun